[Collections-group] RE: [OAI-implementers] XML Schema for OAI compliance with NSDL harvesting

John Weatherley jweather@ucar.edu
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:55:08 -0700 (MST)

Stuart,

DLESE is developing an OAI Harvester and Provider written in Java that
runs as a Java servlet. It is currently running here on Linux and should
run in Tomcat on OS X as well. I'm in the process of preparing the
software for initial release in January on SourceForge (will likely be
available via NSDL's site as well). See the DLESE SourceForge site
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dlese/. A front-end for our Provider is
at: http://quake.dpc.ucar.edu/oaiprovide/

The idea is to make the software available to the DLESE and NSDL
communities, as well as the general public. Those who are looking for an
out-of-the-box solution that can be installed relatively quickly might
consider using the software. We'll likely have several DLESE partners who
will need this kind of solution (as well as us here at the DPC), and
that's our main motivation for making the software available.

 - John

--
John Weatherley
Software Engineer, DLESE Program Center