[OAI-implementers] ABOUT & Schemas & metadataPrefix

Joe Futrelle Joe Futrelle <futrelle@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:01:04 -0500

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 12:02:32PM -0500, Joe Futrelle wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 12:45:50PM -0700, Hussein Suleman wrote:
> > > Does anybody know of a "Howto" for writing OAI schemas, I really don't want
> > > to spend hours trawling through the incomprehensibility of w3c just to make
> > > a few tweaks?
> >
> > OAI schemas are not particularly special ... so you can just look at
> > whats generally out there on schemas (which, alas, isnt much) ... ive
> > found that reading and working from the "XML schema part 0: primer" is
> > sufficient ...
>
> Are there tools that will convert an existing XML DTD into an
> XML-Schema description?  That would be a good jumpstart for us.

I found the one at w3 which FWIW is at

http://www.w3.org/2000/04/schema_hack/

Joe Futrelle                  | "Finally, yon trickster ennobled
Technical Lead                | Hazel." -- Philippa Liberia Karlsruhe
Emerge / SDT / DMV / NCSA     |
http://emerge.ncsa.uiuc.edu/  |