[OAI-general] OAI community archive listing on www.openarchives.org

Tim Brody tim@tim.brody.btinternet.co.uk
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:47:28 -0000

With the December deadline it appears that OAI 1.x repositories have been
purged from the OAI web site. May I suggest that a better approach would be
to list _all_ OAI archives that are OAI compliant (be that 1.0, 1.1 or 2.0 -
so few were 0.9 that it is probably immaterial). If necessary, archives that
aren't 2.0 could be greyed, along with a column saying which version they
are.

For myself I can say it is immaterial which version of OAI is implemented,
as long as it is valid XML and has the right content (and I have time to set
up the harvest!). The problem is lack-of-content, not protocol versions.

All the best,
Tim Brody
Citebase Search
http://citebase.eprints.org/