[UPS] One additional note on my previous note

Carl Lagoze lagoze@cs.cornell.edu
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 08:59:34 -0500

I forgot to comment in my response to Mark's note about his observation
favoring the xxx "display URL" to an xxx repository document in favor of the
NCSTRL "display URL".  He notes that the xxx display offers more formats
than the NCSTRL display.  He is right about this but this is not due to the
shortcomings of the Dienst protocol but problems with the way xxx implements
it.  Paul and I discussed some of these problems at Santa Fe and plan to fix
them as soon as we get this UPS stuff settled down.  In reality the response
to the Dienst request for formats from xxx should supply all the formats
that are available on the xxx display page.

Carl