[UPS] FW: RePEc mentioned in Science article (fwd)

Michael Friedman friedman@highwire.stanford.edu
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 11:30:53 -0800

Carl, Herbert, et al,

I agree that this is a weird take on the meeting. Since Highwire
publishes Science's website, I asked around.

The article is available on Science's web site, at
<http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/286/5441/887a>. It was
published in the October 29th issue, for which we received the text by
Tuesday, Oct. 26th. I can't find the hardcopy of the Oct. 29th issue,
but if this article was in the print version, then it must have been
done by the previous Friday... Oct. 22nd, while we were still meeting in
Santa Fe.

So, I suspect that the article represents what we thought *before* the
meeting actually happened. It could have easily included info from the
"Santa Fe Agreement", which was linked from the vole.lanl.gov/ups website.

However, the best way to correct any misinterpretations by Mr. Marshall
is probably for us to draft a "Letter to the Editor" and send it to
Science. (I'd volunteer, but 1. I'm swamped and 2. I'm too close to
being "an employee" to do it.) Anyone want to be published in Science? :)

-- Mike
Michael Friedman		Applications Software Developer
Phone: 650-725-2163		HighWire Press, Stanford University
FAX:   650-725-9335		<friedman@highwire.stanford.edu>