[OAI-implementers] metadata in the "archiving and interchange format version 3.0"

Fridman, Rozita Rozita.Fridman at FIZ-Karlsruhe.DE
Thu Oct 15 11:21:22 EDT 2009

Dear all,

we have metadata in the "archiving and interchange format version 3.0"
format (http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/3.0/w3c-schema.html#id47441)
in our repository and we want to provide this metadata via OAI-PMH. But
the xml schema for this format
(http://dtd.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/3.0/xsd/archivearticle3.xsd) does not
specify a target namespace. On the other hand the OAI-PMH specification
requires a declaration of a metadata format specific namespace in a
metadata part of a OAI-PMH record. Also a list of metadata formats must
contain a namespace uri for each format from the list (request
ListMetadataFormats).

Has anybody run into a similar problem?

Thanks a lot,
Rozita