[OAI-implementers] Schema for Vanilla XML?

Simeon Warner simeon.warner at cornell.edu
Tue Oct 6 09:27:32 EDT 2009

Hi Tony,

We have dealt with this in the context of exchanging ORE resource maps via
OAI-PMH [1]. One can create a schema that says that inside a wrapper element
then content need only be well-formed and not accord to a schema. You can see
this in the schema for RDF content:

http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/rdf.xsd

which defines an <RDF> wrapper element and says that the content is:

<sequence maxOccurs="unbounded">
   <any namespace="##any" processContents="lax"/>
</sequence>

Cheers,
Simeon

[1] http://www.openarchives.org/ore/1.0/discovery#OAI_PMH