[OAI-implementers] question about PMH baseURLs

Simeon Warner simeon.warner at cornell.edu
Thu Apr 9 16:43:06 EDT 2009

The spec says that repositories should support BOTH GET and POST so I think
this implies that the baseURL should not include a query component (?).

http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/openarchivesprotocol.htm#HTTPRequestFormat
"Repositories must support both the GET and POST methods."

If we wanted to enforce this with the schema (and perhaps rule out relative
URIs etc.) then I think we would have to constrain the anyURI datatype with
a pattern (regex).

Cheers,
Simeon