[OAI-implementers] Stored procedures references in oaicat.properties

OAI-Neturity oai at neturity.es
Sat Oct 18 06:51:26 EDT 2008

Hi to all!

I'm quite new to OAI and to this list, so pardon me if the topic has been
addressed before.

The question is:
- Is it possible to include references to stored procedures, instead of
plain SQL queries, in the corresponding JDBCOAICatalog entries in
oaicat.properties?

We're using a rather complex Oracle database (it's a bibliographic
information repository based on ONIX for Books) and I would prefer to create
a more "OAI-like" shell by using stored procedures and views, than to
develop Java classes for data access and metadata transformations.

Thanks a lot in advance.

JPeraita