[OAI-implementers] Exposing thumbnails

CHARLES, Daphne Daphne.Charles at english-heritage.org.uk
Tue Sep 18 06:46:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've noticed that some service providers include thumbnails in their
search results.  I'd quite like to make this facility available for any
harvesters of our repository who wish to use it, but can't find any
specific references in any of the OAI DC guidelines explaining what the
XML should look like.

Can anyone tell me if there an accepted protocol for exposing
thumbnails, or is it something agreed between individual repositories
and harvesters?

Many thanks

Daphne Charles
Development Team Leader (Web)
English Heritage
NMRC, Kemble Drive
Swindon SN2 2GZ
Tel 01793 414894

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.