[OAI-implementers] Turnkey Harvester?

Rob Tice rob.tice at k-int.com
Thu May 4 05:07:45 EDT 2006

Hi Edwin

Knowledge Integration Ltd (www.k-int.com) maintain a complete open source
(GPL) solution to your requirement.

It is a portal solution which aggregates OAI data sources and presents them
for searching under a single search point (It also allows inclusion of
distributed resources (e.g. srw, sru z39.50). Harvests are re-executed
incrementally at a user defined intervals.

It is used in a variety of projects in the UK including the UK wide peoples
network discover service (www.peoplesnetwork.gov.uk/discover). This
aggregates numerous cultural OAI feeds for the UK Museums, libraries and
archives and presents them alongside live searchable targets in a single
search interface.

Drop me a line off list if you would like more info.

Hope this helps

Rob Tice

Knowledge Integration Ltd