[OAI-implementers] OAI Repository Explorer -- difficulties connecting

Caroline Arms caar at loc.gov
Wed Mar 1 11:50:18 EST 2006

Is anyone else having problems accessing the OAI Repository Explorer at http://re.cs.uct.ac.za/ ?

I have been having problems since the weekend, manifesting as a timeout in Firefox or Page Not Found in IE.  Not sure when I last used it without a problem.  Over the weekend, I did make contact at one stage, but since Monday, all attempts have failed.

I like to use the RE to test out things when I release a new OAI set.  It has been very useful in identifying problems in the source metadata records that will cause problems for harvesters.

   Thanks for any information about what is going on.

Caroline Arms                                                                    caar at loc.gov
Library of Congress

Views expressed are my own.