[OAI-implementers] DCTerms

r.heery at ukoln.ac.uk r.heery at ukoln.ac.uk
Wed Feb 22 13:22:43 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:

> I got asked the same thing last week. If you look through the list at
> http://gita.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/ListSchemas.asp, you will find
> less than a handful of references to http://purl.org/dc/terms/ and there
> is no standard container schema defined for them. The same problem would
> have been the case for Simple DC, except that the OAI specification
> developers went to the trouble of creating one (oai_dc).
>
> Apparently, there has never been enough interest in DCQ to warrant the
> creation of such a container.

I am not sure it is lack of interest.... As qualified DC is extendable,
typically an implementation uses a subset of DCTerms and some extensions,
so I am not sure how beneficial a oai_dcq generic schema containing all
terms would be? I think at the moment repositories are labelling their own
'profiles' of qualified DC with local names.

Rachel