[OAI-implementers] on the OAI-PMH data model

Charles Blair chas at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 17 13:09:04 EST 2005

> since we're at it, how common is it for datestamps to be actually
> attached to records, as per specs?  iow, who's keeping persistent
> records in different formats and allow the latter to change
> independently from items and each other?

we are.

> What class of changes are record- but not item-dependent, btw?

if someone running a harvester wanted us to specify something more or
something differently, and we could comply, we would. the datestamp
would then serve as an indication to the harvester that we had made
the change(s), and which records had changed. in our case, this would
typically affect dc_qual and not oai_dc, so dc_qual would change
independently of oai_dc and of the items (to go back to the first
question).