[OAI-implementers] on the OAI-PMH data model

Fabio Simeoni Fabio.Simeoni at cis.strath.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 12:33:31 EST 2005

> I think the idea with this distinction is that there may be multiple items
that disseminate different assertions (but in the same metadataFormat) about
the same resource.
>  Example: Bob's item about the resource  <http://w3.org/> http://w3.org/
says
>  the dc:title is "The W3C", and Cindy's items says the dc:title is "The
homepage of the W3C".

that makes sense, of course. thanks. is there anyone 'using' the distinction
in that sense? since we're at it, how common is it for datestamps to be
actually attached to records, as per specs?  iow, who's keeping persistent
records in different formats and allow the latter to change independently
from items and each other? Aggregators? What class of changes are record-
but not item-dependent, btw?

thanks,

Fabio Simeoni
Research Fellow
Department of Computer & Information Sciences
University of Strathclyde, Glasgow

TEL: +44 141 548 (3590)
FAX: +44 141 548 (4523)