[OAI-implementers] examples needed for OAI Best Practices Shareable Metadata

Jewel Ward jewelw at usc.edu
Tue Jul 26 20:09:06 EDT 2005

Greetings:

The OAI Best Practices Committee is finishing up the Shareable Metadata
section.  As part of that, we (ok, "I") am searching for the following
examples, but I've had no luck searching through registered DPs.

I'm hoping that "someone" on the Implementers list can point to an
example metadata record (or two) for the following:  :-)

(1) An example of, "Linking", and,
(2) An example of, "Clustering"

for (from):
http://oai-best.comm.nsdl.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DigitalTactileResource

and:

(3) [An example of] <dc:alternative> in a Qualified DC record
(4) [An example of a case] where there is no original title for a work,
(5) [An example of] using a metadata standard/format that does not allow
for specification of sub-title
(6) [An example of] multiple titles...coded in separate fields.

for (from):  http://oai-best.comm.nsdl.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?TitlePractices

I'll keep searching for the above examples, but would appreciate any
pointers.  I've hit many dead ends, so far.

Thanks in advance,

Jewel

--
Jewel H. Ward