[OAI-implementers] Re: [Dspace-tech] Google Scholar and OAI (fwd)

Andy Powell a.powell at ukoln.ac.uk
Thu Feb 3 04:59:10 EST 2005

I'm taking the liberty of copying a message to the dspace-tech list here,
since I propose the use of the HTML <link> tag and I know that my previous
suggestions about using this tag on this list have only received a
luke-warm response! :-)

These suggestions stem from the need for Google robots to auto-discover
the OAI BASEURL for any given repository.

So I'd be interested in thoughts on my suggestions below - particularly on
whether we need something like an 'application/oai+xml' MIME type
registration (to say that the XML conforms to one of the responses in the
OAI-PMH).

Andy
--
Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/ukoln/staff/a.powell/      +44 1225 383933