[OAI-implementers] Requesting a part of a record possible wit h OAI-OMH?

Young,Jeff jyoung@oclc.org
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:40:37 -0500

I like this idea too. Specifically, I'm thinking I could use this
information in association with the ERRoL service. Using the SRW/SRU example
Hussein gave, I could place a button for it somewhere on the OAI Viewer page
for the NDLTD repository (http://errol.oclc.org/ndltd.oclc.org.html). In
fact, there could be a whole column of buttons for the various services
specified in the repository's Identify response.

I could also use this information to configure the ERRoL service. For
example, the look and feel of the OAI Viewer for individual repositories
could be customized by specifying a different XSL stylesheet in a
description element.

Another example is that I am writing a service to allow people to create and
edit XML records in arbitrary XML Schemas. I don't want to enable this for
all repositories, so individual repositories could add a description element
for it along with the email address of the administrator where record adds
and changes can be sent.

I was thinking of using custom description schemas to define these things
for the ERRoL service, but if there is a commonly accepted mechanism, all
the better.

Jeff

http://www.husseinsspace.com