[OAI-implementers] Adding support for new metadata with existing XSL convertion file...

Jim Keene jim_keene63@hotmail.com
Mon, 05 Apr 2004 04:43:40 -0500

Hi,

I got a few newbie questions in this area.

I am lookig into adding support for MARCXML in my PMH-OAI (the PHP scripts
from Oldenburg). However I am new to XML and wonder how the best way to do
this is ?

Could I use the existing conversion file
http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/xslt/DC2MARC21slim.xsl to convert my
existing data in oai_dc format into MARCXML ?

Could a harvester read a file with my original oai_dc data with a
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="http://www.loc.gov/standards/marcxml/xslt/DC2MARC21slim.xsl"?> tag in
it in order to read it as MARCXML ? Or do I need to implement the convertion
internally in my OAI ?

/Cheers,

Jim