[OAI-implementers] Extensible Repository Resource Locators (E RRoLs) Service

Young,Jeff jyoung@oclc.org
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:50:52 -0500

It appears that the "text/html" trick for HTTP redirects to XML data didn't
help with the Internet Explorer "access denied" problem . I've come to the
conclusion that I must sidestep the PURL server for this to work properly.
Consequently, I plan to have a new domain established (probably
errol.oclc.org) that should be used in place of purl.org when constructing
ERRoLs. The purl.org forms will continue to work, but will continue to be a
problem for IE. I'll let people know when the new domain is ready. Sorry for
the inconvenience.

Jeff