[OAI-implementers] starting a service

Emma Jane Hogbin Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane@xtrinsic.com>
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:27:15 -0400

Hello,

I've been following this list with great interest for several months now.
This week I signed up to help a local bookbinding organization with
indexing their newsletter. The Newsletter (that's its title) has been running
since 1983 and contains a lot of valuable articles to the bookbinding
community. I've offered to put the current EndNote annotated
bibliography/index online.

I think this is the sort of resource that should be searchable and
findable by other people. The problem is, I'm not really sure where to
start. The web programming bit is easy, I made a little "collaborative
bibliography" for an organization last year. http://ftpd.maytree.com (I've
learned much about programming since then!)

Could someone please point me towards articles/URLs/etc on how to make a
metadata repository?

thank you,
emma

--