[OAI-implementers] Sets in OAI-PMH and DSpace

Hickey,Thom hickey@oclc.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:51:42 -0400

The set structure in OAI is very simple, but also has almost complete
flexibility, so I'm sure you could encode any relationships that DSpace is
aware of in them.  But the retrieval on sets is quite limited, so it isn't
clear what good it would do.

I agree with Hussein -- keep them simple.  For DSpace, possibly a unique ID
for each collection.

--Th