[OAI-implementers] My.OAI searches

François Schiettecatte francois@fsconsult.com
Sat, 08 Nov 2003 07:43:33 -0500

Hi

I have been seeing more and more searches coming into my.OAI (
http://www.myoai.com ).

The unfortunate thing is that a lot of those searches are coming in
incorrectly formatted so no results are returned.

The searches look like this: "Petzold A [au]" or "Hastings Cent Rep [TA] AND
14 [VI] AND 4 [IP]", some kind of variant on PubMed syntax and I would guess
that they are produced by some sort of automatic query formulator.

I am not sure where these searches are coming from, I would need to dig into
the logs for that, but I first wanted to put out a message and let that
person know that I am more than happy to help them produce correct searches.

Cheers

François

François Schiettecatte                               FS Consulting, LLC.
Phone : (978) 594-5089                  35 Washington Square North, # 2,
Cell  : (617) 909-2504                                  Salem, MA, 01970
Email : francois@fsconsult.com           URL : http://www.fsconsult.com/