[OAI-implementers] DSpace 1.1 Released

Tansley, Robert robert.tansley@hp.com
Mon, 12 May 2003 13:46:12 -0700

We are pleased to announce the availibilty of the new 1.1 release of DSpace. This release contains many new features, among them advanced search capabilities, improved unicode handling, and OAI-PMH resumption token support. Also numerous bugs identified since the previous release have been fixed, and the documentation has been updated.

You may download the code and documentation from the DSpace page at
sourceforge:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/dspace

Be sure to get the updated documentation, since it describes the upgrade procedure that must be performed for the new release to operate on existing DSpace installations. Please report any problems to the sourceforge mail list:

        dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net

We would like to acknowledge the valuable contributions of the DSpace community in reporting bugs, release testing, and supporting other adopters, as well as the excellent work from HP Labs and MIT developers in improving the DSpace platform.

 Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / (+1) 617 551 7624