[OAI-implementers] OAI and SCORM/IMS/other functionality

Jan Whitaker jwhit@melbpc.org.au
Mon, 12 May 2003 15:29:24 +1000

Hello from Melbourne Australia.  I'm working on some research for the
vocational education community in Australia about emerging 'standards' and
have nominated OAI as one to consider.  I know of several Australian
educational organisations that are testing and implementing OAI protocols
for metadata exposure, e.g. EdNA Online, AMOL, Univ of Melbourne, ANU, etc.

My question to you is what if any discussions are happening between the OAI
executive and those involved at ADL developing the SCORM standard, which we
are also exploring seriously in our research?  IMS, DC and other learning
object schemas are being incorporated in the SCORM standard for sharable
content object management, but haven't seen OAI and SCORM addressed in any
papers together.

Thanks for an information you can provide in this regard.

Cheers,
Jan

JLWhitaker Associates
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia