[OAI-implementers] Re: OAI validation question

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:57:00 -0400 (EDT)

Steve,

(I'm cc'ing th respone to oai-implemeters, the best place for such
questions.)

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003, Steve Thomas wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to get my repository script to validate, and I have
> it down to one error:
>
> Response to this request did not give error code 'badArgument':
> verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&resumptionToken=junk&until=1990-01-10

There should be a badArgument error because you have both a
resumptionToken and metadataPrefix/until arguments. resumptionToken is an
exclusive argument so the metadataPrefix/until arguments are not allowed
in the same request. (see
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/openarchivesprotocol.htm#ProtocolMessages
for explanation of exclusive argument)

> Problem is, I can't see what's wrong with that. My script
> returns this:
>
> <OAI-PMH ... >
> <responseDate>2003-06-09T23:37:22Z</responseDate>
> <request verb="ListRecords" until="1990-01-10"
> resumptionToken="junk" metadataPrefix="oai_dc">
> http://etext.library.adelaide.edu.au/cgi-bin/OAI-lite.pl
> </request>
> <error code="badResumptionToken"/>
> </OAI-PMH>
>
> which should be OK, no?

Note also that when there is a badArgument error, you must not include the
attributes in the <request> element.
(http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/openarchivesprotocol.htm#HTTPResponseFormat)

Cheers,
Simeon.