[OAI-implementers] OAI identifiers

Naomi Dushay Naomi@cs.cornell.edu
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:29:00 -0500

It's also important to distinguish between the identifier for the
RESOURCE, which would go in a dc:identifier (for Dublin core metadata)
field, and the identifier for the OAI ITEM, which would be in the OAI
record header, and would be the value for the OAI identifier argument
(for GetRecord verb, for example).

It's unusual to have a full URL (starting "http://") as the identifier
of an OAI ITEM, while it is common to have a full URL in a dc:identifier
field.

- Naomi

OAI
> > protocol.