[OAI-implementers] OAI Resource

Young,Jeff jyoung@oclc.org
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:35:39 -0400

Venu,

I guess I misunderstood about making "titles" a separate resource. After
re-reading your note, I see that you're referring to storing information
about research papers in addition to research projects. This would be a
perfectly reasonable thing to do. You could differentiate the two by putting
them in separate sets. Pick and choose Dublin Core elements according to the
qualities for each type. If Dublin Core cramps your needs, you can always
support a richer alternative format such as MARC in addition to DC. I think
my earlier comments regarding people still apply, though.

Jeff