[OAI-implementers] Data Provider in PHP.

Heinrich Stamerjohanns stamer@uni-oldenburg.de
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 12:04:39 +0200 (CEST)

Dear all,

I have written an implementation in PHP for an
OAI-PMH 2.0 Repository (also known as Data Provider).

This implementation completely complies to OAI-PMH 2.0, including
the support of on-the-fly output compression which may significantly
reduce the amount of data being transfered.

Database support is supported through PEAR (PHP Extension and
Application Repository, included in the PHP distribution), so almost
any popular SQL-database can be used without any changes in the code.

The repository can be quite easily configured by just editing
one file, most possible values and options are explained.

It currently supports only flat table layout (the whole record saved in
one table), but if there is need, I can easily extend this.

This work is based on an OAI-1.1 implementation done by U. Müller, HUB
Berlin, and can be found via

http://physnet.uni-oldenburg.de/oai/

Any comments are welcome.

Heinrich

--
  Dr. Heinrich Stamerjohanns        Tel. +49-441-798-4276
  Institute for Science Networking  stamer@uni-oldenburg.de