[OAI-implementers] deep nesting problem in DP9

Young,Jeff jyoung@oclc.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:03:37 -0500

I'd hate to see DP9 get too elaborate with it's caching. Here's an idea for
a simple solution. You could have a directory somewhere that contained a
subdirectory for each registered repository. Then, you could transform each
ListIdentifiers response into HTML as you harvest them and save them as
separate HTML files in that directory (perhaps gzip'd to save space). When
the time comes to refresh the cache, you could delete the contents of the
subdirectory and start over. After the harvest, it should be fairly simple
to generate an HTML cover page to cover the lot.

Jeff