[OAI-implementers] Deleted records

Stuart Chalk schalk@unf.edu
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:29:40 -0500 (EST)

Steve

We are supporting deleted records (http://www.asdlib.org/oai/oai.php)

The way I am doing it is very simple.  We keep the information in mysql
and when a record goes from being "Current" to "Deleted" a field in the
database changes from "Current" to "Deleted".  The record thus stays in
the database forever.

At some point when our database grows a lot bigger, I may move the deleted
records out to a separate table to make searching on the main one faster.

Stuart Chalk, Ph.D.                                     Phone:904-620-2831
Associate Professor of Chemistry                          Fax:904-620-3885
Department of Chemistry and Physics           "The Flow Analysis Database"
University of North Florida                        http://www.fia.unf.edu/
4567 St. Johns Bluff Road S.     "The Analytical Sciences Digital Library"
Jacksonville FL 32224 USA                           http://www.asdlib.org/