[OAI-implementers] <datestamp> format please

Alan Kent ajk@mds.rmit.edu.au
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 13:39:30 +1100

I am having trouble working out the legal format for <datestamp> from
the spec. The spec says in requests use YYYY-MM-DD and in responses
use the ISO format with a time as well. <datestamp> is in a reponse
but seems to use the request format in all the examples.

sceti returns '2001-09-28T11:27:13-04:00' (ISO format).

scout return '1997-09-17 00:00:00' which does not match any format.

How forgiving should I be on date formats? At present I mark the
server as bad and ignore it from then on. I can be more forgiving,
but are people more interested in fixing their problems?

Thanks,
Alan