[OAI-implementers] OAIster Search Interface Launch

Kat Hagedorn khage@umich.edu
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:10:58 -0400

[Apologies for cross-posting.]

The University of Michigan Libraries Digital Library Production Service
is pleased to announce the launch of the OAIster search interface,
version 1.

	http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?c=oaister;page=simple

OAIster has harvested a large number of records from a variety of
institutions -- 274046 records from 55 institutions -- that have made
these records available using the OAI protocol (see
http://www.openarchives.org/). Each of these records leads to an actual
digital resource hosted at an institution.

You can learn more about a particular institution's collection we are
harvesting at http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/viewcolls.html. We are also
committed to improving our service -- see our future plans and the
progress we are making at http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/phase2.html.

We are very interested in gathering more records, OAI-enabled or
snapshots of records that aren't yet OAI-enabled, to include in our
service. The more records we serve, the more valuable this service
becomes for the end-user. Please get in touch with me at khage@umich.edu
to discuss this further.

Regards,
Kat