[OAI-implementers] error questions

Simeon Warner simeon@cs.cornell.edu
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 00:10:23 -0400 (EDT)

I disagree. Arguments that are not 'required', 'optional' or 'exclusive'
are 'illegal' and should generate badArgument errors. This is how I read
the spec for badArgument:

http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/openarchivesprotocol.html#ErrorConditions
"The request includes illegal arguments, is missing required arguments,
includes a repeated argument, or values for arguments have an illegal
syntax."

Cheers,
Simeon