[OAI-implementers] Beta release of our VB Harvesting Tools fo r OAI 2.0

Young,Jeff jyoung@oclc.org
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 08:59:52 -0400

Hello all,

I'd like to announce a beta release of our open-source OAI server and
harvester applications.

- OAICat (http://www.oclc.org/research/software/oai/cat.shtm) is a Java
Servlet web application providing an OAI-PMH v2.0 repository framework. The
framework can be customized to work with arbitrary data repositories by
implementing some Java interfaces. A demonstration implementation is
available for download on the OAICat home page.

- OAIHarvester (http://www.oclc.org/research/software/oai/harvester.shtm) is
a Java application providing an OAI-PMH v2.0 harvester framework. This
framework can be customized to perform arbitrary operations on harvested
data by implementing some Java interfaces. A demonstration implementation is
available for download on the OAIHarvester home page.

Thanks.

Jeff

---
Jeffrey A. Young
Senior Consulting Systems Analyst
Office of Research, Mail Code 710
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc.
6565 Frantz Road
Dublin, OH   43017-3395
www.oclc.org

Voice:	614-764-4342