[OAI-implementers] Error codes....

deridder deridder@cs.utk.edu
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 20:49:10 -0400 (EDT)

Ummm...  So if a set name (or whatever) simply doesn't pass the
pattern-matching test, it should get "cannotDisseminateFormat"?  Or could
possibly have 2 error conditions, one of "which is badArgument"?
I'm finding that in parsing through a resumption token, I could have quite
a few errors for a single resumption token (of course all
"badResumptionToken"--- and a set of dates can get hairy too).

 So are these the general rules (?) :

1) any number of errors per verb/argument (could be several "badArguments")

2) list all parameters in the "<request ... " tag if no badVerb or
         badArgument errors (Hussein, below)

3) leave them out otherwise

4) "badArgument" is a "catch-all" to use if nothing else fits;  consider
        all other error codes first; if another is applicable it must be
        used

Comments?  Rebuttals?  Free-for-alls?

  ;-)