[OAI-implementers] Migrating from 1.1 to 2.0

Jose Blanco blancoj@umich.edu
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:21:10 -0400

Thanks, this seems to make sense, so I'm going to move in this direction.

Jose
----- Original Message -----
From: "Simeon Warner" <simeon@cs.cornell.edu>
To: "OAI Implementors" <oai-implementers@oaisrv.nsdl.cornell.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 11:16 AM
Subject: Re: [OAI-implementers] Migrating from 1.1 to 2.0

> I chose to offer both 1.1 and 2.0 interfaces for arXiv (both registered:
> http://arXiv.org/oai1 and http://arXiv.org/oai2). I will take down the
> 1.1 interface when harvesters have migrated to 2.0. The objective is to
> make it easy for service providers to harvest our metadata so this seems
> to be the most helpful approach.
>
> Cheers,
> Simeon.
>

> PS. out of curiosity I just counted accesses for last week:  v1.1: 442,
> v2.0: 800 which I take as an encouraging sign that service providers are
> switching to v2.0.
>
> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Jose Blanco wrote:
> > I am in the process of registering my cgi (broker, from the University
of Michigan) to be compliant with 2.0.  Presently broker is compliant with
1.1, once I register it will no longer be compliant with 1.1, and therefore
those harvesters accessing it thinking it is 1.1 will get errors.  Is there
a way to unregister it as 1.1 and then register it as 2.0?  What is the
suggested procedure for this?   Should I keep broker 1.1 compliant and
register a new broker, say broker20 to be 2.0 compliant?