[OAI-implementers] PHP OAI 2.0 provider

Paul Cummins comyn@utk.edu
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:25:34 -0400 (EDT)

  We are just starting to work with OAI at the Univ. of Tenn. Library
and I have put my first try at writing a provider on line.
  This implementation does not have resumption tokens in it and it
expects sets to be implemented in a certain way. We are developing
it along with a oai_dc editor, which will itself be an extension of
a METS-like administrative database.  We plan to eventually have
several conversion or crosswalk scripts in the system as well.
  At present all that is online is the provider, which can be run with
a standard install of RedHat rpms of MySQL and PHP and no other
required packages.
 The information on all the different pieces will be available on the
info page at

http://diglib.lib.utk.edu/oai/

  Any comments or suggestions are extremely welcome.

--Thanks to the other PHP users out there that provided examples and
assistance.

Paul Cummins
UT Library, Systems