[OAI-general] Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing. Part I

Gerry Mckiernan gerrymck@iastate.edu
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 15:22:42 -0500

                  Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing.
               Part I: Individual and Institutional Initiatives

    I am proud to announce the publication of the first of a three-part series on "Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing" in _Library Hi Tech News_:

Gerry McKiernan (2003) "Scholar-based Innovations in Publishing. Part I: Individual and Institutional Initiatives," _Library Hi Tech News_ Vol. 20 No. 2 (March), pp. 19-26

    Among the initiatives profiled in this first part are:

*Individual*
arXiv.org  http://xxx.arXiv.cornell.edu )
CogPrints (http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/) [DOWN?]
RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) (http://repec.org/ )

*Institutional*

eScholarship Repository (University of California)
   (http://repositories.cdlib.org/escholarship/)

Glasgow ePrints Service (http://eprints.lib.gla.ac.uk/)

Knowledge Bank (Ohio State University)
  ( http://www.lib.ohio-state.edu/Lib_Info/scholarcom/KBproposal.html )

   Part II in the series is devoted to Library and Professional initiatives and
scheduled to be published in the next issue of LHTN (20(3). The manuscript for Part III was submitted earlier today and is scheduled for publication in LHTN 20(5).

   Part I is also now available electronically  for subscribers to LHTN via Emerald:

  ( http://www.emeraldinsight.com/vl=1/cl=3/nw=1/rpsv/lhtn.htm )

   Enjoy!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian and Bibliographer
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

            "The Best Way To Predict the Future is to Invent It"
                                                              Alan Kay