[OAI-general] <no subject>

François Schiettecatte francois@fsconsult.com
Sat, 08 Jun 2002 13:50:42 -0400

Hi

I wanted to let you know that I have updated the myOAI search interface and
added the following features:

- Added a recommender system which suggest other documents perhaps worth
looking at based on prior search and retrieval patterns of other users.

- Changed the way in which databases are selected, now they are displayed
as a list rather than databases with checkboxes, this is to accommodate
their growing numbers.

- Added the ability to run a meta-search, displaying the total number of
results  per database before displaying the search results, the user can
then pick  which database(s) they want to see results for.

- Added the ability to group the search results by database, the user can
then pick which database(s) they want to see results for.

- Added documents viewed to the search history, now you can see both your
previous searches and all the document you viewed in reverse chronological
order.

You can get to the myOAI web site at the following URL:

    http://www.myoai.com/

I also have a Perl based harvester which is OAI V2 compliant and would be
happy to put it up on the web site for download if there is interest. I will
warn you now that it is pretty simple, but it is effective.

Please feel free to send me feature requests, feedback, comments,
criticisms, etc...

Best regards

François

François Schiettecatte                               FS Consulting, Inc.
Phone : (617) 909-2504                  35 Washington Square North, # 2,
                                                        Salem, MA, 01970
Email : francois@fsconsult.com           URL : http://www.fsconsult.com/