[OAI-general] Search Protocol for searching based on DC elements

Martin Vesely Martin Vesely <Martin.Vesely@cern.ch>
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:03:11 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

I am happy that some efforts exist in this direction. Some effort has been
here for some time already (see [1]). I understand the intention to keep
the two modes (searching/harvesting) distinct. But in fact, the way how
the OAI sets are eventually implemented is similar (can be even equal as
it is the case in our repository) to how the set-encapsulated-queries
would be implemented (suggested in referenced paper [2]). When we then
implement OAI-sets and queries inside of them, we are implementing twice
the same thing, using two protocols though.

Regards,
Martin

[1] http://documents.cern.ch/ettdh/doc/public/OAIRSF.html
[2] http://www.dlib.org/dlib/december01/suleman/12suleman.html

--
CERN Document Server ** <http://cds.cern.ch/> ** <cds.support@cern.ch>
Room: Bldg 510-1-015 ** Voice: +41-22-7673527 ** Fax: +41-22-7678142