[OAI-general] Query: repeatable DC elements and attributes for language

Terry Kuny terry.kuny@xist.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:19:46 -0500

Hello all,

I have sent notes to some of you about various things in the past and
just wanted to clarify again a few points.

Looking through the OAI spec, I want to make sure that I am reading
this correctly. Dublin Core allows all elements to be repeatable.
In the OAI spec DC schema, it has:

<choice minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">

Does this mean the DC elements are repeatable in OAI?
And is it possible to "bag" these or use XML IDs for ordering the elements?

Also, Carl Lagoze indicated that language support was lacking in OAI
and that this was going to be looked into in the future.

Am I correct that OAI does not do anything with XML attributes like "lang"
or an element ID?

What are the implications for compliance if I were to use them?

Assistance appreciated.

-TK