[OAI-general] OAI and intellectual property issues

Michael L. Nelson mln@ils.unc.edu
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:13:45 -0400 (EDT)

actually, to continue the analogy...

assuming that a SP attempting to create a Gracenote/CDDB situation, we can
probably count on another SP to come along, harvest the same DPs, and
provide similar services --  http://www.freecddb.org/

within the OAI context, we can handle rogue SPs.  now if a DP collects
eprints from users, and then signs an exclusive license with a SP...  well
that's a whole different ball game.

regards,

Michael