[OAI-general] EPrints 2 Alpha-1
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 16:44:18 +0100
As announced last month at the London OAI meeting:
August 1st 2001:
EPrints 2 Alpha-1 has been released and is available from:
- International language support (UTF-8 and multiple "phrase" files)
- Much improved database back end - real text indexing and normalised data.
- Improved installation (no longer uses ./configure & make)
- Full support for multiple archives on one server
- Object Oriented Design and database abstraction
- This is not a stable (or even fully working) release.
- It is not an upgrade for EPrints 1 series.
- Many bits remain to be done.
If all goes to plan, from tonight, nightly builds from CVS will be available too.
See http://www.eprints.org/ for more information on the eprints project.
"The EPrints Team"
Christopher Gutteridge & Mike Jewell
+44 23 8059 4833