[UPS] call for list of "promised archives" before May 15

Stevan Harnad harnad@coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue, 2 May 2000 09:32:54 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Edward A. Fox wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am working on a proposal to the US Dept. of
> Education, along with 4 other universities, to
> develop a graduate education program to promote
> understanding of the OAi, including helping students
> know how to create and archive electronic documents
> such as reports or electronic theses and dissertations.
>
> One criticism at the pre-proposal stage had to do with
> the extent and value of information that will become
> accessible through the OAi.  To help address that
> criticism in our final proposal, and to provide a list
> that can be posted from www.openarchives.org, I
> offer to collect information from the group regarding
> what content has been promised to be made available
> through OAi.
>
> In particular I ask for a list of all archives, electronic
> journals, or other groups that will make content available
> according to the Santa Fe Convention.  To make this
> consistent, please be sure to reply with at least the
> following information (or as much of it as you can provide
> or can estimate).  For the sake of the proposal, I will
> need to receive replies by May 15 at the latest.
>
> Many thanks, regards, Ed
>
> * Short Name of Archive (e.g., NDLTD)

1. CogPrints

2. Psycoloquy

3. BBS

> * Long Name of Archive (e.g., Networked Digital Library
>     of Theses and Dissertations)

1. Cognitive Sciences Eprint Archive

2. Refereed Electronic Journal of Peer Commentary in Biobehavioral
Sciences (American Psycholoqical Association)

3. Refereed Journal of Peer Commentary in Biobehavioral Sciences
(Cambridge University Press)

1. http://cogprints.soton.ac.uk/

2. http://www.cogsci.soton.ac.uk/psycoloquy/

3. http://www.cogsci.soton.ac.uk/bbs/Archive/

> * Contact Person / Archive Director (with name, email
>     address, affiliation, mailing address, phone, fax -
>     e.g., info for me)

Stevan Harnad                     harnad@cogsci.soton.ac.uk
Professor of Cognitive Science    harnad@princeton.edu
Department of Electronics and     phone: +44 23-80 592-582
             Computer Science     fax:   +44 23-80 592-865
University of Southampton         http://www.cogsci.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/
Highfield, Southampton            http://www.princeton.edu/~harnad/
SO17 1BJ UNITED KINGDOM