[UPS] Speaker requested for OAi presentation

Rick Luce rick.luce@lanl.gov
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 09:33:41 -0700

Agreed in full with Herbert's comments. Thomas, thanks for filling this
hole for us.
         --Rick

At 09:08 AM 3/16/00 +0100, herbert van de sompel wrote:
>dear all,
>
>Thomas Krichel has volunteered to speak on OAi at the CERN meeting (see
>mail by Corrado Pettenati).  I would like to support his proposal.
>Still, I think that Thomas will have to clearly distinguish between the
>agreed-upon OAi/SF-convention principles and principles used in the
>RePEc-world.  The core of the presentation should be promoting and
>explaining OAi and SF-convention.  I feel that it is very important to
>do this at the CERN meeting.
>
>greetings
>
>herbert
>
>Corrado Pettenati wrote:
> >
> > We have organized a one-day workshop dedicated to discussing the electronic
> > publishing in Physics on 31 March here at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland.
> >
> > You can have a look at http://documents.cern.ch/age?a99231.
> >
> > We invited Paul Ginsparg, or any of his team, to come and present us
> the OAi.
> >
> > Unfortunately they are unable to come due to too many commitments. The time
> > slot in the agenda is still reserved for an OAi presentation of ca. 20
> > minutes.
> >
> > Are there well informed volunteers ready to come and talk to us about OAi?
> >
> > We can reimburse the trip and the CERN Hostel room for three days.
> >
> > Please let us know <Gilda.Leoni@cern.ch> ASAP if you are willing to come.
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Corrado Pettenati
> > Head Librarian
> > CERN Geneva
> >
> > Gilda Leoni
> > Workshop Organizer
> > Librarian

Richard Luce
Research Library Director/Library Without Walls Project Leader
Research Library, MS P362
Los Alamos National Laboratory
PO Box 1663
Los Alamos, NM  87544-7113