[UPS] Effingham agreement

Thomas Krichel T.Krichel@surrey.ac.uk
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:05:09 +0000

  This is an item for information. You may recall that the UPS protoproto
  that we presented at the Santa Fe meeting did not include data for
  about 13,000 paper held by arXiv.org from the period before 1994,
  because it was not possible to separate author names from titles
  with sufficient accuracy. I am pleased to tell you that work is being
  carried to rectify this problem. This will involve a manual correction
  of all these records. My UK eLib budget will fund that work as a donation
  to arXiv.org. The work will be carried out by the Siberian Branch of the
  Russian Academy of Sciences. Details are available at:

http://openlib.org/acmes/plan/effingham.html

  This document is called the the Effingham Aggreement. Effingham is the
  birthplace of Simeon Warner. It is just a few miles down the road from
  where I live.

  I will let you know when that work is finished.

  Thomas Krichel                       http://gretel.econ.surrey.ac.uk
                                   RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel