[UPS] SF Convention: info required

herbert van de sompel herbert.vandesompel@rug.ac.be
Mon, 03 Jan 2000 12:03:14 +0100

Hi,

Some information needs to be supplied by some of you, before we can
publish the Santa Fe Convention.  Since publication is due in Feb 00, I
kindly ask you to provide that information ASAP.  Please check the list
below to decide whether you need to provide some info.

Thanks for your cooperation.

BTW: Monday, January 3, 19100 is the date found at the Dublic Core site
http://purl.org/dc :-)

greetings

herbert

1. Archives & archive identifiers:

Please have a look at
http://allserv.rug.ac.be/~hvdsomp/sfc/sfc_archives.htm that lists:
- archive dentifiers
- full names of archives
- expected date of compliancy with Santa Fe Convention
- URL of OA document describing the archive
for - some - archives.

* Please provide the required info for your operational or anticipated
archive.

* For operational archives, I think it would be a good idea to grab,
fill-out and install the data provider template available at
http://allserv.rug.ac.be/~hvdsomp/sfc/data_provider_template.htm with
the info that you already have available now.  Missing information can
always be added whenever it becomes available.

2. Metadata formats & XML transportation formats

Please have a look at
http://allserv.rug.ac.be/~hvdsomp/sfc/sfc_metadata.htm that lists:
- metadata format identifiers as used in the OA Dienst specs
- full names of metadata formats
- URL of syntax description
- URL of description of XML trqnsportation format

* Please provide info for the format that you feel responsible for in
the context of this initiative:
- OAMS is Carl/Mark and is already OK.
- MARC was volunteered by Ed.
- ReDIF is Thomas.