[UPS] report of meeting & press release

herbert van de sompel herbert.vandesompel@rug.ac.be
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:28:35 +0200

Hi,

* I would like to inform you that I am working on the report of the
meeting.  I am leaving for South Africa on Friday and will be there for
a week.  I will try and continue working on the report there, but
realistically I don't think I will be able to send anything to this list
before November 15th or so.  I hope you will understand.

* Please do not forget to suggest a replacement name for UPS.  So far, I
only received 3 suggestions.  Latest submission date is Friday noon.  Be
creative!

* The pressure to send something out as a press release has become very
high.  I already sent something to Science and Chemical & Engineering
News (ACS) because they were about to publish something anyhow.  I
thought it was better to provide them with something more than just
rumours.  I want to send out something similar to Nature as well as to
our sponsors, who can further distribute it.  Please look at
http://allserv.rug.ac.be/~hvdsomp/ups1-press.htm and give comments
ASAP.  I intend to send out by Friday noon, unless someone has serious
objections.

many greetings

herbert