[UPS] Draft DTD

Mark Doyle doyle@aps.org
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 16:16:47 -0500

Hi,

Not much feedback - everyone awake out there?

Anyway, one request has been to allow for multiple paragraphs in the
abstract. Two suggestions:

1) a <p> tag
2) specify a convention of allowing a blank line. Since whitespace in XML is
significant, this would probably be OK.

I prefer 1 I think.

Also, the person asked "Is it intentional that the version history,
the available formats, file sizes, and number of pages are missing?" to
which the answer is, of course, yes. But should we perhaps allow an attribute
on the <comment> field to allow people to specify what is in the comment? Or
we could include another "extender" tag with a different name to do the same
thing. Of course, the vocabulary of the attribute value won't be controlled,
but may be it will encourage more people to use the DTD and we could use it
to eventually identify elements that should be promoted to their own
elements.

Cheers,
Mark